Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fresh Pasta Couldn't Be More Fresh.


For the pass couple of days I had a handful of my orders and hunting for supplies, in order to help me, my husband put on his cooking pants most of the times.

So, when I mentioned I wanted a meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid, I got it within the next two days because he, too, wanted to have fun with it. The set comes with five pasta making plates and two meat grinding plates.


I don't buy ground meat from supermarket. I just don't. If I need ground meat I'll do it myself from a chunk of meat - either pork or beef - so I know what part of meat I really have.

Now that my husband had ordered a set of KitchenAid attachment "For Me", we had to make something.


I wanted a meat grinder attachment because I wanted to make Thai spicy sausages. My husband, on the other hand, always wanted to try on making fresh pasta, and now the kitchen is his, we made pasta.

He made all the pasta dough himself, and with our four hands together we made funny looking pasta noodle.


At first, the dough was too wet, so when strands of pasta came out form a pasta making plate they stuck together.

It took a while before I finally got a grip with trying to separate all the strands when my husband already backed off an got busy with his pasta sauce instead. My kitchen floor and my whole body was ended up covered with flour all over.....what a mess!


But, no complain! here....though the pasta look funny, it tastes good, and really has a texture of fresh dough - a bit gooey (in a nice way), and, all of the matter, the sauce' d made every things perfect.

Now next time would be my turn having fun with these set of KitchenAid attachment - Thai spicy sausages. Uhmm....I think I also need sausage feeding tube!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...