Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stir-fired Blue Crabs With Coconut Milk.


I am a super giant fan of crabs.
They are de-li-ci-o-s*0*
I can eat a whole biggg tray full of grilled or steamed crabs with spicy seafood dipping by myself. They are my number one of choice when it comes to seafood



For me, the best way to enjoy crabs is to steam or grill - no boiled crabs, no seasoning at all - then later dip them into Thai spicy seafood dipping . It's truly my heaven on earth.

So, when my mom asked what I wanted to eat at a very first day we got home, no doubt, my answer was crabs.

This is how female crabs look like when it's turned


Another delicious way to enjoy a crabs dish is to stir-fire. There are a few different ingredients to stir-fire crabs. This recipe is from my mother. It was one of her crab dish that she had to make it over and over when I was there because I just couldn't get enough of it.....gimme more!

Get crabs and coconut milk ready

At my parent's house, we have enough coconut trees at our land, so we often make fresh coconut milk ourselves by using a coconut grater or Kra-ty, as Thai call, grating coconut meat then pour in a little of lukewarm water and use hands to squeeze the white milk out.



Well, you don't have to beat yourself up making coconut milk as my mom did, just go ahead use your can of coconut milk, it's perfect too.

- Clean the blue crabs, take off the hard shells then cut each of them into a half.
- Cut green onion into one inch long.

Seasoning

- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. palm sugar
- a pinch of salt



1. Heat up coconut milk till bubbling, add in crabs, stir a little to make sure all the crabs are coated with coconut milk, turn the heat to medium.

2. Start seasoning with palm sugar, fish sauce and salt, give them a stir to incorporate.

3. Let it cooks until the coconut milk is reduced.

4. Add spring onion, give a quick stir then turn off the heat.


5. Serve with steamed rice....

What a Crab!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ขี้เกียจแกะปูน่ะสิ เสียดายนะกลับมาคราวนี้ไม่เจอกัน แล้วกว่าคุณจะกลับอีกรอบไม่รู้อีกกี่ปีน่ะสิ

Anonymous said...

The recipe seems delicious! I will try your recipe. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...