Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Saute Spinach with Garlic and Chilies


Another easy vegetable dish to accommodate heavy dish such as meat or fish dishes. It barely takes 5 minutes to get done.

My mother in law made this dish when we were back in Thailand in 2010. She used the same technique using for Flame Water Spinach, and it's delicious.


I am so happy with this dish, it means that, from now on, I don't have to crack up a fortune cookie to see if I would get the water spinach from the market in any days, when my crave for Pak Boong Fai Dang kicks in, just grab a bag of fresh spinach, and throw them in a hot wok for two minutes, I'll definitely have my resembled Pak Boong Fai Dang to enjoy with.

Fresh spinach make delicious!
- a bag of fresh cleaned spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 3 fresh Thai chilies, crushed.

- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- saute oil

* In a big bowl of fresh spinach, put oyster sauce and sugar on top of cleaned spinach, set a side*


Get the wok extremely hot.
1. Let the wok sits on the hot flame for 2 minutes then add in the oil.
2. In goes, garlic. Quickly stir until fragrant, but not burn.
3. Add a bowl of seasoning spinach into the wok, follow with chilies and a bit of water. Give a quick stir for two minutes, turn off the heat.
4. Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...